Choose the Best Leather Bible
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Leather Bibles
1 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Going to church is an important part of my weekly routine. Once I noticed that a person holds a Bible in a nice leather cover. Surely, I got interested. Then I browsed Etsy and a few leathercraft forums – this is a real trend right now. People like to order DIY leather covers for Bibles because such accessories can protect the holy book from scratches. Keeping all pages intact and looking stylish at the same time – that is the main feature offered by leather covers.
Benefits of buying leather covers for a Bible
The covers made of genuine leather will ensure the safety of the book. Leather covers are resistant to abrasion. Genuine leather is a premium and expensive material. Most often, the book covers made of genuine leather are crafted at the request. Leather-covered Bibles can become a heritage and be passed from one generation to another.
Advantages of genuine leather:
- wear resistance;
- environmental friendliness;
- stylish appearance;
- pleasant tactile sensations;
How to take care after leather Bible covers
The main problem of leather covers is that they can dry out quickly. To do this, it is necessary to maintain the indoor humidity within the range from 45% to 60%.
Genuine leather is especially sensitive to light (especially vegetable tanning). Tanning agents in the surface layer of the skin may darken. The front layer of genuine leather loses its elasticity. The dyes with which the skin is colored are also sensitive to the action of light. Dyes fade under the influence of light, the color of the material dims. Light also enhances the damaging effects of moisture and chemicals.
Leather-bound books should be wiped periodically to remove the dust from the surface. It is best to wipe leather covers with a flannel cloth.
I picked top 5 best leather Bibles:
- Thinline Bible edition with a leather cover. This edition has a double-column format where the words of Jesus are in red. It has two satin ribbon makers;
- Douay-Rheims Bible also has a ribbon marker, with a natural leather cover;
- Douay-Rheims Bible is another great edition equipped with a genuine leather cover;
- NASB Leather Bible has a convenient verse format, the two-column text, and maps;
- Compact Holy Bible is a nice edition, with gilt-edged pages. The full-color maps are included;
Video Tutorial: Making Leather Bible Covers
If you are interested in making leather Bible covers, the following video tutorial can be useful. Please, tell me if you use leather covers for Bibles or other books. What leather materials do you use? I will read all the comments and feedback from the readers of my blog.