Choose the Best Leather Ottoman
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Leather Ottomans
9 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Nowadays, an ottoman is believed to be the very piece of furniture that adds as much comfort and convenience to your rooms, like a sofa or a chair. The thought is widespread even among designers. Ottomans do not only add accents to the interior of your home but also provide additional space to store diverse things starting with books and magazines and ending with blankets and pillows. Apart from an extra storage space, ottomans provide additional sitting space. So in case you welcome guests, they will feel comfortable sitting on the cushioned ottoman. In addition, ottomans can be used as a coffee table, therefore, you may set drinks and snacks there as well.
However, picking the right ottoman is not as easy as it may seem. You may choose the one you like visually most but this does not necessarily mean it is the best option for you. If you neglect its size, for instance, and place it near a sofa like its continuation and use it as a footrest, the difference in the height of these pieces of furniture will not only spoil your interior aesthetic appearance but also decrease the comfort.
In order to pick up the right ottoman for your apartment, focus on the following issues:
- Size (Should it be of the same level as other furniture or will it stand separately?);
- Weight (Should it be mobile or stable?);
- Weight-bearing capacity (What’s the average weight of your family members so that it could withstand it efficiently?)
- Storage space capacity (What exactly do you plan to keep there?).
We have chosen the Top 5 Best Leather Ottomans you may like and described their major pros and cons. Have a look at the Comparison Table below for the key details.
Convenience Concepts Designs4Comfort Storage Ottoman, Dark Espresso – The Richest In Finishes Diversity!
It is sturdy enough to withstand 200 pounds. The Convenience Concepts Designs4Comfort Storage Ottoman is faux-leathered and based on solid wood-turned legs. The ottoman is 24 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 18 inches high. As for the design, it is button-tufted and features nailhead trim. The ottoman also has a hinged lid.
- Polyfunctional: a chair, a storage unit, and a footrest;
- Available in diverse finishes;
- Based on solid wood legs;
- Moves easily over a carpeted floor;
- The hinged cover stays up, close to 90 degrees when putting items inside;
- Capacious storage area;
- Fast delivery is highly likely;
- No assembly is required.
- A low ottoman: a robot vac will not go under it;
- It May appear to be bigger than it seems in the photo;
- The seam may come loose fast;
- The upholstery is of no high quality.
In case you’re looking for an elegant, reliable, and reasonably priced ottoman, the Convenience Concepts Designs4Comfort Storage Ottoman may be exactly what you need.
Nathan James Payton Foldable Storage Ottoman- The Safest Purchase!
The maximum weight the brown-colored ottoman can hold is 300 pounds. It is square-shaped with about 30 inches in length and width. The height is about 17 inches.
The Nathan James Payton Foldable Storage ottoman is upholstered with faux leather and based on solid wooden legs.
- Comfortable as it is foam cushioned;
- The silver stud accents add to its elegant look;
- A removable top lid ensures free access to the storage space;
- Backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty;
- Has much storage space;
- Easy and quick to assemble with no tools required.
- Needs assembling;
- The top may start peeling off on the edge.
If you want to add a convenient, polyfunctional piece of furniture to your room, the Nathan James Payton Foldable Storage ottoman may be the very thing you are looking for.
Simplihome Avalon Storage Ottoman- The Best Contemporary Option!
The latter is possible due to the four serving trays into which the top lids turn when flipped over.
The tanners brown ottoman is faux-leathered and stitched but made of solid and engineered woods. It has a wide square shape and legs as its base. As for the dimensions, it is 18 inches high and 35 inches wide and long. The Simplihome Avalon Ottoman is sturdy enough to withstand up to 250 pounds.
- Has a rich, modern, luxurious look;
- Fits nicely with other furniture;
- An easy-to-assemble model, just by attaching legs;
- Features flexible functionality;
- Includes 4 serving trays to be used as a coffee table;
- Made of a solid, durable material;
- Has a capacious storage space divided into 2 sections;
- Available in different fabric types.
- Fast delivery;
- Come with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- May come with minor imperfections on seams and edges;
- The tray pads are not thick enough.
The Simplihome Avalon Ottoman may add elegance to your living room, as well as comfort and convenience to your everyday life.
Dorel Living Rectangle Storage Ottoman- The Best Correlation Of Quality And Price!
The ottoman is upholstered with espresso faux leather what makes it suit any interior style from modern to traditional ones. One can use the Dorel Living ottoman as a storage space for various things, or as a coffee table due to its flat surface. It can also be an extra sitting item but it holds up to 50 lbs.
- A sturdy ottoman with wood construction and legs;
- Capacious enough to store various items;
- Characterized by a nice, winning finish;
- Has a flat surface;
- The hinges are hidden;
- Features a cushioned lift-up cover;
- Good quality for its cost.
- Needs assembling;
- The legs seem to be plastic, not wooden;
- The lid is subtly askew and does not fit correctly;
- The padding may be extremely uneven, creating ridges.
For those who seek a universally designed piece of furniture to get more storage space, the Dorel Living Storage Ottoman may be a good choice. However, its weight-bearing capacity leaves much to be desired.
Christopher Knight Home Living Berkeley Storage Ottoman – The Best For The Quality!
The ottoman is espresso-colored. It is square-shaped with the following dimensions: the length – 35.25 inches, the width – 35.25 inches, and the height – 19.15 inches. The ottoman’s frame is made of wood, making it sturdy and stable.
The Christopher Knight Home Living Berkeley Ottoman provides not only an additional sitting but also ample storage space under the lightweight lid that is easy-to-lift and stay-open. It does not require assembly.
- A high-quality ottoman;
- Homey and comfortable when used as a footrest;
- Easy to move across the carpet flooring;
- Comes fully assembled;
- Features a softly padded top;
- On-time delivery;
- Sturdy wood construction;
- Powerful lift-up levers;
- Safe packaging: comes completely secured;
- Excellent correlation of the quality and price.
- No specified weight capacity;
- The heaviest option.
If the weight makes no matter for you, you may be completely satisfied with the rich-looking, classical Christopher Knight Home Living Berkeley Ottoman.
The Buyers’ Guide
What shape should the right ottoman have?
What is right depends only on individual needs and preferences. However, the important thing that is worth paying attention to is your sofa’s parameters.
- If you have a sectional with equally long on both sides or a U-shape sofa, then a square ottoman may fit them best.
- If your sectional has wedge or rounded corners, then a round ottoman may be exactly what you need.
- For L-shaped sectionals, rectangular ottomans may be the best complements.
Where to place an ottoman in my living room?
There are no strict rules of where to put an ottoman. It does not have to be at the center of the room. Place it wherever you want to. Just make sure it will be able to provide the maximum comfort to you from there. Here are some ideas:
- Right in front of your sofa: use it as a coffee table or a footrest there.
- Next to a coffee table: use it as an additional seat there.
- Under a coffee table: place it there to declutter the room and make it visually cleaner;
- Under a console table, behind a couch, or against the wall: put it there so that to hide it and not to attract attention to it but still use the conveniences it provides for keeping things inside, etc.
Does my ottoman need to match my sofa?
Of course, your room looks more stylish when the color of your ottoman fits your sofa. Nevertheless, it does have to be of exactly the same color, so no need to look for a detail-for-detail the same design. Here are the ideas worth trying:
- Solid colors may be mixed with patterns;
- Solid colors may be mixed and matched;
- Bold colors can be paired with monochromes;
- Choose the same color scheme as your coach but a different shade, either darker or lighter.
Video Tutorial: How to Reupholster an Ottoman
The matter of design is essential and needs great focus as our comfort depends directly on it. The appropriateness of your choice is defined by how the ottoman fits your interior, whether it is comfortable, and whether it satisfies your storage space needs. Basically, a good ottoman should be modern, capacious, and polyfunctional. After assessing your current interior, browse our Top 5 Best Leather Storage Ottomans again. Pay specific attention to details and correspond them with your needs and expectations. We hope our review will be your true guide in choosing, and you will find the right storage ottoman for you that will provide comfort and convenience to your living space. Good luck!