Choose the Best Best Leather iPad Pro Case
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Best Leather iPad Pro Cases
118 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
The tablet case serves both a protective and aesthetic function. Of course, first of all, it protects the tablet from bumps when dropped. For example, an air case that covers both the back and the front of the tablet will soften the fall and prevent the device from cracking. Even with careful handling, the unprotected surface of the tablet becomes covered with micro-scratches over time – the cover helps to avoid this. Besides, the bright case with an original design allows you to refresh the look of the device.
Online stores often offer “universal” covers for tablets that fit any device. Despite their cheapness and versatility, such accessories have several disadvantages. It is not uncommon for the owner to buy a case for the iPad and find that the holes for the headphone outlets, control buttons and speakers, and technological cutouts on the universal case do not match.
Also, do not try on a case designed for one device model on another – because tablets and cases for them differ in size. We bring to your attention the top 5 Leather iPad Pro Cases. This review will help you make the right choice.
ProCase iPad Pro 12.9 2017/2015 – the best for premium composition leather exterior
Folio cases usually repeat all the charms of the device’s installation possibilities in different positions. Fits iPad Models: A1584, A1652, A1670, A1671, A1821 and does not fit other models.
- Synthetic leather;
- Various colors available;
- Support auto Sleep/Wake function;
- Has magnetic closure;
- Built-in Apple Pencil holder.
- Not compatible with any other models;
- NOT support Smart Keyboard.
The cover is made of soft and pleasant synthetic leather. The accessory can protect the entire surface of your iPad case from scratches and dirt.
A case is your ideal choice if you want to keep your tablet protected for a long time, adding a touch of uniqueness and elegance to your style. High-quality materials and sturdy workmanship ensure durability, sleek looks, and protection for the case.
ZtotopCase for iPad Pro 12.9 Inch 2017/2015– the best for Auto Wake/Sleep and Document Card Slot
The set also includes a leather hand strap, organizer pocket, and pencil holder. The cover supports auto Wake/Sleep function due to the smart cover installed in the case.
- Premium graded material;
- Multiple slots;
- Magnetic smart cover;
- Built-in leather hand strap;
- Has pencil holder.
- Very often the pension is not charged. It is necessary to press it to a cover more strongly;
- Only fits one model.
For its price, a very good solution. Good materials, and powerful magnets. The cover is not as big as it seems in the photo. The case protects the tablet on all sides. Also, pay attention to the stand. This tablet is great for tablets. Withstands weight, you can resist well and still, everything works.
Apple Leather Smart Cover (for iPad Pro 10.5-inch)– the best for its manufacturer
On the outside of the leather case, there is a pocket for documents. For convenience, there is also an external elastic loop for the stylus or pen to keep close at hand.
- Genuine leather;
- 2 colors are available;
- Magnets on the case;
- Wake/sleep modes;
- Easy to operate and energy saving.
- No information about the warranty period.
The cover is tightly fixed to the body with a reliable Velcro strap. All buttons, speakers, lenses, and jacks are easily accessible. The case is thick enough to be used as a stand. The cover of the case has 4 stripes for viewing from 4 different angles.
iPad Pro 12.9 Case 2018 Leather with Pencil Holder– the best for the ability to Stand at Any Angle
The case supports the function locks / wakes up when the case is closed/opened.
- Genuine leather;
- Comfortable and secure.
- Designed to work with the new iPad Pro 12.9-inch, not compatible with other models.
The cover has several undeniable advantages. Firstly, it is a presentable appearance. Leather accessories look dignified and emphasize the status of the owner. Secondly, leather is a very wear-resistant material. The leather case will become an irreplaceable assistant for your tablet for a very long time.
New S-Tech Apple iPad Pro 12.9– the best for typing and facetime
- Made of leather;
- Access to all ports, cameras, and buttons.
- Just for iPad PRO 12.9 Model 1st and 2nd Generation.
An excellent case for your iPad that will reliably protect your tablet and extend its life.
The most important things when choosing an iPad case are quality, functionality, and appearance. Each case, regardless of additional functions and appearance, must, first of all, protect the gadget from mechanical damage. Therefore, the case should fully fit the iPad model in size – the case should fit snugly around the device, but not squeeze on the sides and not fall out. All openings on the case must match the connectors on the device – headphones, speaker, charger, and power button, and volume control.
The material of which the case is made can be:
- Silicone cases
- Leather covers
- Leather substitute covers
- Fabric covers
Leather covers are of the highest quality, will last a long time, and will reliably protect the cover from damage.
My old case for the iPad Pro tablet became a complete wreck. That is why I had two choices – to make a new case of leather myself or buy a DIY cover for an iPad Pro tablet from other talented craftsmen. Anyway, a few things must be considered when you pick leather for tablet and smartphone cases.
Pros of using leather iPad Pro cases
A leather tablet case is a really necessary accessory that will reliably protect the screen from scratches and damage. You can carry it everywhere with you, not being afraid of an iPad Pro to become dirty or damaged. With such a case you won’t mix the tablet with other things in a big bag and add extra pressure to the screen.
Soft velvet-like leather, stylish laconic design, universal coloring, and a convenient clasp – such a leather iPad Pro case can be a great gift for the fans of gadgets and fashion accessories, respectable business people and elegant business women.
Important advice: never take an accessory or leather for a DIY case that is for some reason already scratched. It may seem to you that this scratch is insignificant and will not bother you but this can be a sign of bad or synthetic leather.
What leather iPad Pro cases I recommend:
- ProCase is a great premium leather accessory, with a magnetic closure and smart features;
- ZtotopCase item is made of synthetic leather, with Auto-wake and sleep mode;
- CUVR is a cowhide leather case, with Auto-sleep function and corner protection;
- S-Tech is a very stylish leather case for iPad Pro tablet, with the special document wallet and stylus pen loop;
Pick a leather cover for your iPad Pro tablet that can perfectly protect the device from most types of damage. If a case has metal plates, it may protect the device from possible scratches when transporting it in a bag.
Never buy a cover a few millimeters smaller than your tablet’s parameters. Even a couple of millimeters can cause further deformation of leather iPad Pro cases. Moreover, there is nothing worse than deformed natural leather.
Also, remember that any genuine leather case requires a shoe polish product. The main thing is not to apply and leave it, but to clean with it. A colorless cream is the best pick for taking care after genuine leather cases for iPad Pro tablets.
Leather iPad Pro Cases FAQ
What is the best leather iPad Pro 12.9 case?
There are so many different leather iPad Pro 12.9 cases out there. DIYers, craftsmen on Etsy, sellers on Amazon and large brands offer these accessories made of natural/faux leather. It is hard to define the best of the best covers for new iPad Pro tablets. However, you may consider the following products. They are affordable and highly recommended by many experts online:
- Apple Smart Folio (2018). The best feature is the smart feature of turning a tablet off/on;
- Otterbox Symmetry Series 360 case. The best feature is protection;
- Laut Inflight Folio case. The best for style and design;
Who makes the best iPad cases made of natural leather?
Unsurprisingly, there are many brands, independent crafters and DIYers who make reliable and budget-friendly iPad cases. For example, you may pay attention to such brands:
- Tomtoc. It is one of the most popular Amazon brands. These sleeves blend the charcoal felt with caramel leather beautifully. Slim, sleek, and lightweight, they are very well-known. Durable magnets allow it a smooth operation to open and shut the sleeves. For your iPad, cords, chargers, and other tiny stuff, often Tomtoc sleeves have a wide back pocket. They are also compatible with the smaller Apple iPad Pro models of both generations;
- Crazy Horse. Built from Italian-style vegetable tanned leather along with wool felt, these stunning sleeves feature a two-sided vertical leather strip that features a convenient backside Apple Pencil tray. The great thing is that the sleeves can be customized by inserting your logo or text;
- City Sheep Store. The luxury look and fabrics are all about these stylish cases: vegetable tanned leather mixed with 100 percent natural German wool felt. On the front side, in a very unexpected place, the sleeves have an Apple Pencil holder, rendering it much more trendy. A business card pocket is also open, as well as a wide compartment on the backside;
- Pack & Smooch. This company sells minimalist felt sleeves that not only suit your iPad, but also a ton of peripherals and accessories. In Germany, both Pack & Smooch sleeves are hand-made from 100% excellent Merino wool felt and authentic vegetable-tanned leather. What’s crucial is that there’s enough room inside for your Apple Smart Keyboard iPad. For earphones and the Apple Pencil, there’s an additional pocket. The sleeves shut with magnets that help the auto sleep/wake option, last but not least;
What is the most protective leather iPad case?
A lot of DIYers and brands offer sturdy leather cases for iPads. Mostly, such cases are protected with Kevlar or similar protective materials. According to most experts, some of the best protective leather iPad Pro cases are produced by Otterbox.
Otterbox is known for its sturdy cases. For instance, one of the best choices out there, in terms of defense, could be their Defender Series iPad Case. This case offers a multiple protection design that involves an interior hard shell, a soft exterior slipcover, an integrated screen protector, and a stand for the shield.
Also, you should check Griffin Survivor waterproof cases, MoKo, Urban Armor, Spigen covers for iPads.
Does your iPad Pro need a screen protector?
Yes, for the most part. Yet using a screen protector has some significant pitfalls that may make you consider the supposed extra security. There is simply no screen protector comparing the consistency of the Corning glass that comes with your iPad.
There is no need for an iPad screen protector if you use a good protective case and a stylus of premium quality. If the screen protector has sensitivity problems for your iPad, you need to uninstall it and avoid using screen protectors or apply thinner screen protectors.
With the worst scenario in mind, a screen protector will provide less stress when using an iPad outside. Also with Gorilla Glass, as your iPad will gradually age, signs of wear and tear will start to appear with nicks and scratches.
Which iPad cases are compatible?
Be careful when buying a new iPad case for your device. Every manufacturer should specify what iPad models could fit their leather covers. Some cases may stretch and need a break-in period but mostly a case has to fit from the very beginning.
First, you need to check the model number of your iPad. The number starts with the letter “A” followed by 4 digits. Just flip your device and check the iPad label. Then check what models can fit a certain case (if the brand specified this thing). There are also compatibility tables for iPad models and popular leather cases – you may easily find such tables online.
For instance, iPad Mini 5 (models A2126, A2124, A2133, A2125) are fully compatible with the corresponding Profolio, Trifolio, Little Buddy cases. Meanwhile, 10.2-inch iPads released in 2020 (models A2428, A2429, A2270, A2430) can fit any corresponding Huex Folio, InFlight Folio, Little Buddy cases. Don’t be afraid to specify the case compatibility with your iPad model if a DIYer or certain brands didn’t post such information.
Why are iPad cases so expensive?
Nowadays, iPad cases are not as expensive as they used to be. There are many cheap iPad case deals available online. Surely, natural leather cases are more expensive than any fabric/PU covers. Though, when people tell about expensive iPad cases they usually mean default Apple cases offered for iPad users.
Are Apple cases for iPads worth the money? Let’s try to figure out:
- They use top-notch non-marking silicone. That is why Apple cases won’t pick up colors from other surfaces;
- Soft microfiber lining to prevent abrasion;
- Silicone cases have the proper amount of friction to prevent slipping out of your hands;
- Default Apple cases are thick and not very bulky;
- Apple offers a decent warranty period;
Should you invest in leather cases instead of default Apple cases for iPads? It depends on your preferences and budget. Leather iPad cases have a lot of benefits and some drawbacks to consider. Though, if you are ready to spend a few bucks more on your case, consider picking a natural leather cover for iPads.
Video Tutorial: How It’s Made iPad Pro Leather Case Review
So, now let’s summarize the review of covers for an Apple tablet. When choosing a case, pay attention to the ratio of sizes and connectors between the case and the tablet, since the inaccessibility of the audio jack, speakers or buttons will make working with the tablet uncomfortable. There are many different models on the market with different functionality and design. We are sure that each user will be able to choose the option to their liking.