Choose the Best Leather Diaper Bag
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Leather Diaper Bags
8 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
For a prepared mom, a diaper bag is one of the most vital infant essentials. You would have to carry a variety of items such as blankets, infant towels, a changing pad, food, baby bottles, pacifiers, burping cloths, lotions, rash creams, and a change of clothing after you leave the home. Moreover, with such a bag a parent doesn’t have to worry about carrying his or her stuff.
Pros of leather diaper bags:
- Good for storing and organizing items;
- Match any outfit;
- Replacement of your casual bag;
The positive thing is that the industry is host to hundreds of premium leather-based diaper bags. The bad news is some of them aren’t that awesome, and some of them are hideous. To separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to leather diaper bags, make sure to read this guide. Pay attention to the comparison table below.
Skip Hop Diaper Bag Greenwich Backpack – the best for the hands-free design!
The stylish style even includes loads of pockets for diaper bag necessities, made of luxurious vegan leather that wipes clean quickly. A wide zippered front compartment and zip pockets (front and side) for baby bottles make this model even more practical.
- Comfortable handle;
- Adjustable crossbody straps – up to 58 inches;
- Convertible hands-free backpack or messenger;
- Zippered compartments;
- Includes a washable changing pad;
- The straps have no pads;
- Not enough outside pockets;
You may also use the top handle as a tote to hold it. Test out the features below after you’re finished drooling over the above image. This style can also act as a baby bag and then apply it as your travel bag for your laptop. With tons of pockets to hold onesies, plush toys, diapers, along with anything else you can like, the interior is so spacious.
Skip Hop Greenwich Simply Chic Diaper Bag – the best for stroller straps!
The bottle room is inner rather than outside, unlike many other diaper packs, which could comfortably fit a cool set at the same time. Like all Skip Hop diaper bags, this also includes a machine-washable changing pad.
- Has stroller straps;
- 9 zippered pockets;
- Extra-wide opening;
- 2 separate areas inside;
- A bit narrow changing pad;
Even for a full day, this backpack is large enough to accommodate anything a parent can need. Thanks to the sturdy padded belts, ideally positioned to ensure an even distribution of weight, it is simple to bear when it is loaded. Stylish and practical, the bag manages to be both.
KZNI KMA4 Diaper Bag Backpack Nappy Bag – the best for unisex style!
By securing the upper handles of the stroller, you may tie the bag and it can be easily held by either men or women. As it does not hold debris or spills, the PU leather content is simple to clean.
- Black color and unisex design;
- Convertible handles;
- Easy to clean;
- Heavy-duty zippers;
- Not fully tear-resistant;
- A bit heavy even when it is empty;
It is perfect for infant care when driving, with a button that can secure all the upper handles to easily hang the bag on a stroller and with padded back belts.
Diaper Bag Backpack by Simple Goods– the best for pockets!
There are three wearing options: shoulder, backpack and crossbody. Its lightweight semi-padded backpack straps are easy to adapt for any form of body and won’t bite into your shoulders.
- Convertible design:
- Semi-padded straps are easy to adjust;
- 16 pockets with durable zippers;
- Easy to open on the go;
- Average quality;
- Doesn’t include a changing pad;
This cute diaper bag backpack is functional and budget-friendly. It offers great storage compartments so you can organize your baby’s things – it’s even got a pacifier holder. Best of all, it’s comfortable to wear, which is important if you’ve got a lot of stuff to carry.
Babymel Grace Vegan Leather Diaper Bag – the best for the bottle compartment!
With the integrated stroller belts, it can be supported by the shorter top handles, slung across your back using the long brace or even tied to your stroller, keeping hands free.
A washable and padded change mat is included in the kit.
- Short handles to grab;
- Detachable long shoulder straps;
- Integrated stroller straps;
- A hidden thermal compartment for a bottle;
- A small changing pad;
- Zipper issues;
It has an enclosed inside pocket that holds bottles warm or cold up to 4 hours in a row.
The Buyer’s Guide
Major types of leather diaper bags:
- Messenger bags. These models appear from the outside much like a regular messenger bag, covering all the supplies of your baby on the inside. The messenger-style diaper bag is built with an elastic harness that can be slung across the back or worn over the stomach, often referred to as sling bags. For working parents, this model may be attractive since it can be confused for a work pack;
- Tote bags. This style resembles a rather big women’s handbag or pocketbook with belts and handles that can be hurled around an arm or carried by hand. Many models include different pockets and compartments;
- Backpacks. The best feature of this type of bag is that both of your hands remain free. You can’t really claim it’s a baby bag like quite a couple of the models, so it seems more like a sporting backpack with many compartments and pockets. When you have to pick it up, search for those baby bags that also have a wide and sturdy holding handle;
- Convertible models. As they can be turned into a backpack or laptop bag depending on your requirements for the day, these flexible types give you several choices. If you can’t determine which form you want better or if you realize you’ll require for both types, they are perfect. Many adjustable diaper bags often have handles, like a briefcase, for more reliable transportation;
- Stroller handlebars for diaper bags. Any diaper bags are built with loops for strollers or belts that can be hanging from the handlebars of strollers. However, it may trigger the stroller to tip backward while the bag is strong, endangering your kid. Check with the seller of your stroller if the handlebar is willing to withstand the weight of a diaper bag. Preferably, it’s safer to keep it in the box that’s under the stroller while you’re not carrying or using your baby bag;
Go for a baby bag with strengthened seams if you can, which might make the bag last longer and stand up well after laundry washing (if the cloth is machine washable). Pressure points on the bag should have rivets or improved stitching, such as those handles and shoulder straps. Heavy-duty plastic or metal should be the main material for the bag’s hardware.
It’s better to use a bag with zippers with wide teeth and pull tabs. Ignore any diaper bags with metallic magnetic closures that if your bag is overfilled, will open quickly. A flap cover is a bonus, over a zippered closing, adding another layer of security.
Compartments and pockets bring increased versatility to every baby bag, both inside and outside. In order to store your wallet or tablet, you can also want a comfortable room. To keep your baby’s bottle warm, some diaper bags might also have an enclosed thermal section.
Handle and straps
You may want to make sure that the handles operate as they should. For a tote-style bag, the bag may drag on the ground if the handles are too lengthy; if they are too small, the bag can’t fit over the shoulder comfortably. Padded and easy to use the belts on a backpack should be. The single strap ought to be large and convenient for messenger-style baby bags. Select a diaper bag that has flexible straps for maximum convenience.
Pastel-colored diaper bags with designs such as animals and infant dolls seem to appear more obviously like diaper bags. Although many styles appear more like a luxury product than an average diaper bag. For moms and dads who might want the bag to match perfectly with their usual day-to-day design, these diaper bags might be more attractive. The range is yours. Browse a few various things to see what each day you would like to take with you. For covering dirt and stains, baby bags in darker shades or with busy designs are perfect.
That’s a significant consideration since it can get very heavy until your baby bag is completely stocked. Check how much the baby bag weighs before purchasing it. If you intend on wearing a bag on your shoulder or back for longer periods, it might be a smart choice to go for one of the lightweight choices.
You don’t want a bag that’s too large or too short for diapers. Lugging a huge bag around could even be harder. If the bag is too thin, you will quickly find there is not enough room for everything you need to carry on the go.
Other useful features of leather diaper bags:
- A changing pad that is easy to fold and unfold;
- Strong zippers or closures;
- Easy to clean;
Interesting Video: Designer Diaper Bag Backpack with USB Port
Most experts suggest investing both in durability and elegance in leather diaper bags that’ll last. You’ll find yourself disappointed or having to purchase several bags if a leather bag just looks nice for those outfits. Finally, to shield the contents of the bag from harm during rain or inadvertently being put on a damp floor, it is worth finding a completely water-resistant or waterproof diaper bag.