I have a leather couch because this is my favorite material. Though it is faux leather, the couch looks in a very nice way. However, it lacked a few bright spots, so I decided to pick a few throw pillows on it. I made a few trips to interior design shops and browsed online stores. My wife is a designer. So, she recommended to me what things to avoid and what to look for in throw pillows for our favorite leather couch.
Things to avoid when picking throw pillows for leather couches:
- Pillows made from the same fabric as a couch and color may look dull;
- The same can be said about the throw pillows made of the matching material to curtains;
- Avoid the throw pillows in a room that look simple and if they are of the same shape or design;
Recommendations for buyers of decorative pillows
Instead, I would recommend buying such throw pillows for a leather couch:
- Opt for multi-colored and multi-layered pillows of different shapes;
- Bright or classic prints like checked pillows will look awesome on your leather sofa;
- Make sure that there is an uneven number of throw pillows on a couch – that is a common rule by interior designers;
I’d like to advise on the subject of fabrics for these decorative items – faux leather, teak, satin, flax, 100% cotton, gabardine, pile fabrics, burlap, nubuck, rayon.
My ideas for the top 5 best throw pillows to put on a leather couch:
- The Woven Nook set of 4 pillows is made of 100% cotton. The size is 18;
- Woven Nook offers another set of 2 pillows of size 18. The material is 100% durable vegan leather;
- MIULEE is made of 100% durable material called polyresin. These pillows have a hidden zipper;
- Kdays is another great set of couch pillows of size 18. They are made of crocodile faux leather with an invisible zipper;
- WFLOSUNVE is another set of pillows, made of faux leather, with an invisible leather;
Video Tutorial: How to Decorate With Pillows
If you have no idea how to decorate a couch with pillows, please watch the video tutorial with a few tips on this matter. Leave your comments about the choice of decorative pillows for leather and fabric couches. You may also do me a favor and subscribe to this website. More updates and reviews are coming up!